Apr 11, 2008

The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince

I'm addicting a Korean drama "The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince." I heard it was aired and popular in many countries, including Japan, Taiwan, China and United States.
http://www.coffee-prince.com/
http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture/TVMiniseries/CoffeePrince.asp

The story goes like this. A manager tries to renovate a old coffee shop by hiring good looking male employees to attract female customers. A heroine gets a job at this shop "Coffee Prince" by hiding she is a girl in finacial need. After that, they fall in love but he doesn't know she is a girl. He feels confused.

It's similar to 80s or 90s romantic comedy in style but its main theme is modern and its rendition is very cool. I think Japanese recent dramas are very complicated and elaborate. I can enjoy them but this Korean drama attracts me for its simplicity and emotional approach.

Anyway, its heroine, Yoon Eun Hye is so cute!!! I want to see "Princess Hours" also known as "Goong" which is her first starring role drama.

No comments: